The Big Sky Chapter
Records Management and Information Spring Road Show
The Big Sky Chapter of ARMA is hosting a Spring records and information management road show. Locations for the road show are below. The same sessions will be offered in each city, so come to whichever is most convenient.
The conference will run from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Lunch is on your own, but drinks and snacks will be provided.
- Helena on June 18, 2015
- Billings on June 25, 2015
Case Study: The Long Road toward Achieving ECM and ERM - Keeping Your Momentum Going No Matter What
Presenter: Lucy Richards, Legal Unit Support Supervisor/Records Manager, Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation
This presentation highlights the Montana Department of Natural Resources and Conservation's efforts over the last 4.5 years to better understand and manage the information and records created by the department's 450 employees and 40 offices. Through that analysis, DNRC has begun traveling down the road of ECM and ERM. This case study examines steps taken, including: fostering mutual cooperation across diverse divisions and programs; creative funding and use of existing resources; and the importance of maintaining forward momentum despite real or potential resistance, institutional obstacles, or political considerations.
Electronic Records Strategies Using GARP®.
Presenter: Marty Rehbein, City Clerk/Records Manager, City of Missoula
ARMA International has developed Generally Accepted Recordkeeping Principles (GARP)--the Principles®. This presentation will describe the Principles® and how you can use them to develop sound strategies to manage electronic records and information. At the end of the presentation attendees will be able to:
- understand the Principles® and how you can use them to develop strategies to meet electronic records management requirements;
- identify the essential components of an electronic record that should be preserved;
- identify the components of an electronic records management strategy and the team members needed to successfully govern electronic information systems;
- identify strategies to create electronic records and information that will outlive the systems that created them;
- learn core requirements to include in contracts where someone else is storing your records and information (Cloud and web based applications).
Click below to register for either session.
Register for Helena session (6/18/15)
Register for Billings session (6/25/15)